Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year

The holidays are over and I must say that it was the best Christmas yet! Oh how I love the holidays and we sure had fun with all the kids here..plus their boyfriends, finances and friends! We did have a house full this year.LOL Our little farmhouse was creaking at the seams...we had them all in one bedroom with air beds all over the floor. There wasn't an inch of walking space. Each kid had to crawl over the other to get in or out. Ofcourse they were all above our bedroom so it sounded like worldwar 4 or is it 3...hhhmmm..above our heads!

Watching poopy(grandbaby) opening his presents was the best! At 1-1/2 he really doesn't understand the whole concept of it...but after a few slow starts, he got right into shredding the wrapping paper. He'd rip..hand the box over to his Mom and if it had clothes in it..he paid no attention to it what so ever. Ofcourse the ones with toys received the biggest grin ever.

So here is where the bitching starts.

It seems like every toy Poopy unwrapped had to be released from bondage by his Grandpa. WHY do those toy companies think that each tiny plastic farm animal has to be glued, zip-tied, wired and pretty much hog tied to the package?? It's like they think those poor toys are going to say 'AH_HA..nobody's looking..it's time to make our escape!' I mean, get real. Poor hubby had to have a set of pliers, bolt cutters, screwdrivers (one of each) and a blow torch just to free the toys!! AND it wasn't just ONE toy...OH NO...it was ALL of them!!!! I swear...that poor baby celebrated his 18th birthday waiting for his Grandpa to get those darn toys free!

Alright...enough said on that subject.
So..how many of you still have your tree up?? Oh please..don't even tell me I'm the ONLY one!! Well..I guess it is time. When you have to dust the ornaments before putting them away...I guess that's a sign? Ofcourse smart hubby says last night, we'll just leave it up and redecorate it for every holiday! Yup...point taken...time to take down the tree.

OK.. what was your favorite Christmas gift this year? Mine was my new coffee maker! Oh yes baby...it grinds the coffee and brews it all at the same time! I'm in heaven!!! Ofcourse the first time we used it the cats scattered like rats and I almost peed my pants...but the final result was awesome!! Yes, the grinding part is a bit loud...but come on....I don't have to pay $5.00 for a fresh cup of coffee anymore!! Sorry coffeehouse...I've found a new love!

Lets see...what else did I get?? Oh yes..a new crockpot! Love it! One that has 3 different pots for it! We made a huge pot of Chili in the 6 qt crock for Christmas eve and it was awesome! I live for my crockpot..I mean, who doesn't love them. Toss a bunch of stuff in it, close the lid and 6 hours later...WAALAA..a gourmet meal!

Oh yes..and a fuzzy pair of slippers. Love them! Ofcourse having my business at home does have it's perks. I can wear my Pj's and slippers to work. And yes I do brush my hair and teeth everyday! There was a point there when I hadn't left the house for quite some time. So going to the grocery store for toilet paper was an adventure. I got all dressed up and even put on some mascara. Son thought we were going out for dinner with as gussied up as I was...and we did. Right through McDonald's drive-thru.

Well friends.....I've put it off long enough. I'm off to take down the tree. And fight with those dry needles. I'd better put a new bag in the vacuum.

Happy New Year to each and everyone! May this be a very blessed year for us all!!

Paula

1 comment:

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

Paula...You write so well! :)..I loved reading your posts! I second that on the Toys being bound to the package..Grandpa was doing the same thing here at my house!
Candy