Friday, March 20, 2009

It's Friday!!


Ok girls...how many of you put on the brakes...when you see a 'garage sale'or 'Flea market' sign...or how many times do you circle the block making sure the coast is clear, when you spy some good junk on the curb?? Yup.....me too. Even shoved my 7 year old son in a dumpster a few years back just to grab some GREAT old trim molding someone tossed out. Even picked up a perfectly good wooden ladder that day as well. It was a good day..

I love junkin'......even more then gardening....the better the deals they are, the more my heart flutters. And I KNOW there are many of you that are the same way. So today I thought I'd share a few of the things I just picked up. I'll show you the before pics today..and when they're finished being 'Primed' up, I'll show you the afters.


This sweet little cabinet is my favorite find. Handmade from an old packing crate. It's almost perfect to me...just needs a bit of cleaning up (I'm leaving the original paint) and getting rid of those knobs. We'll put on some simple homemade wood ones...probably what it had on it when it was built. I love the fact that it's missing a drawer. I love the quirky....it'll be a great places to stash a bowl..or recipes...we'll see.

These boxes cost me just a few bucks...and I know, some of you are saying' those are so cute just the way they are'. And your right. But I'm extreme prim girls...and these need to be jazzed up a bit. You won't even recognize them when I'm finished.

And finally we have the birdhouse that you see up top. Handmade and given to me. A little remake and it'll be good to go.

I'm still Spring cleaning and decorating. We have orders we're working on...and ofcourse I LOVE working down on the dining room table instead of my craft room...so the dining room looks like a bus full of 1st graders just visited!LOL
I promise that as soon as I get orders finished and out, I'll get those pics taken. :o)

Hope your having a great day today. Chilly, windy and cloudy. You know it's a icky days when the girls don't want to leave the chick coop.

One week till the baby's arrive and counting down. We are working on the brooding pen today...getting the heat lamps up..and the waters and feeders cleaned. I'm So excited. I've found pics and details of all the new girls coming..so I'll share details of them tomorrow. There are 7 breeds...I miscounted.

So till tomorrow....start a fun junk project...and check out your local farmer's market for those fresh eggs! Our's starts in just a couple of weeks. It's one of my favorite places to go.

Hugs to all,
Paula

No comments: