Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Pictures and News..



I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Ours went off without a hitch this year....no burnt fingers...or smoke alarm! Our house was full to the brim this year. Just how I like it! Our oldest daughter Devon came with her fiancée and our grandbaby, Kaden. Our middle daughter, Ariel brought her new boyfriend and his roommate. Dad was here and ofcourse our son Taylor, myself and hubby.



This little light of my life is now 18 months old! Look at that huge spoon he was using...and hardly made a mess. What a good little boy he is. No sleep for 12 hours and not a fuss out of him all day. He finally collapsed on me late into the evening. What a doll!!

We watched 'Walle'!! So funny and just a cute movie for the whole family to see. We played 'WII'!! THAT was a ball!! Talk about getting exercise. We laughed till our sides hurt. And finally enjoyed pie with TONS of whipped cream! It was a fabulous holiday and I just know that Mom was there in spirit the whole time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran around the house taking a few shots before we dragged the Christmas stuff out yesterday. I hope you enjoy them.








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The snow is flying...what a perfect day for Christmas decorating. The tree is up and decorated in all of our new items, bought and handmade. It's beautiful! I'll make sure to take pics for you. Everything else is sitting on the table waiting for their place this year. We lost many to the flooding this Spring...but I did manage to rescue a few of the most important ones. Each is like an old friend that you haven't seen for awhile...they give such a warm feeling when unwrapped. Loads of memories in those boxes. They are my most precious of all items I own. Ornaments my 24 year old daughter made in bible school when she was 4....the one my son made in 1st grade with gobs of glitter and a photo of him in a Santa hat..the wooden Christmas tree one our middle daughter made covered in glue and buttons with a red ribbon on top...and all the ornaments my Mom had given to each child. Those will go to the kids when they have their own family's...with more added from me, to start their own tradition with.

I hope you have fun getting ready for Christmas this year. I know we're all so busy, but take the time to just sit and remember each precious moment this year. The time goes by So fast. It's not the 'things' we take to heaven with us, it's the loving memories that we've spent a lifetime gathering that go with us. :o)

Till next time, hug a family member and tell them you love them.

No comments: